- Shea Oil, Apricot oil, Coconut oil, Sweet Almond oil, Cocoa butter, Grape seed oil, Candelilla Wax, Sweet orange essential oil & Water.
- Shea butter is also added to create a rich moisturiser because of its emollient (softens skin) and humectant (draws moisture to the skin) properties. It has the added advantage of being anti-aging because it is high in vitamin E which is an anti-oxidant (see our article on Vitamin E).
- Coconut oil is a super oil. It takes a little while longer to soak into the skin but once it does it moisturises as a deeply, carrying its nutrition deep into the skin
- Sweet almond oil is rich in Vitamin E monounsaturated fatty acids, protein, potassium and zinc. Regular application of Sweet almond oil can assist in the reduction of oxidative stress and UV radiation damage.
- Sweet almond oil is beneficial in decreasing dark circles and bags around the eyes
- Apricot kernel oil is rich in vitamin K,Vitamin E and Omega 6 fatty acids which assist in reducing dark circles. apricot Kernel Oil also improves skin tone, nourishes the skin and helps reduce the appearance of wrinkles and fine lines.
- Grapeseed oil is beneficial in skin care as it is high in Vitamin C, Vitamin D and Vitamin E which assist in reducing wrinkles, the appearance of scars and balances the both dry and oily patches on the skin.
- Cocoa Butter is high in fatty acid which penetrates the skin for hydration and helps slow the process of aging.
- Candelilla Wax is a vegan alternative to Beeswax.It helps protect the skin whilst locking in moisture.
- Sweet Orange essential Oil: Increase blood circulation and a mood lifter
*Please note however, that all citrus essential oils are phototoxic to some degree, so it is best to allow your skin to absorb the orange essential oil before you go sun baking. Once the smell of orange essential oil has diminished, this means it has been absorbed/evaporated and it should be perfectly safe to go out into the hot sun. I won’t make face moisturisers with citrus essential oils for the reason that the skin on our face is so sensitive.